- Climate conservation: reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, especially by reducing heating needs (45,430 (tCO2e) were saved during the project).
- The fight against desertification: saving of wood; forests covers only 1.8 % of Afghan territory.
- Reduction of harsh working conditions for women and children linked to wood gathering,
- Improvement of the thermal comfort for families in their homes (an increase of around 10° C indoors),
- Reduction of sickness linked to cold and harmful smoke.
- Creation of income generating activities to boost the rural economy (agriculture, cottage industry),
- Reduction by 60% of domestic expenses linked to heating,
- Creation of an industry producing high-performance insulation materials (panels of expanded polystyrene, cotton...).