The CO2Solidaire program is a non-profit initiative implemented by the association GERES - Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity.
For further information about CO2Solidaire or to start a partnership, please contact us at:
By email :
Par phone : +33 (0)4 42 18 55 88
For further information on GERES: www.geres.eu
Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared a special section, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Who is behind CO2Solidaire?
- Renaud BETTIN - CO2Solidaire Program Manager
After three years' work, Renaud has established the field of influence of CO2Solidaire in France by developing an expertise in carbon compensation. He is also involved in the Climate Change Unit of GERES and in this way benefits from 35 years experience in development in countries of the South. Finally, he offers many workshops, courses, conferences and awareness sessions on the theme of Carbon Finance and Climate Solidarity.
- Auria POIRIER - CO2Solidaire Partnership Officer
Auria joined CO2Solidaire in April 2011. With a wealth of experience in communication, event planning and partner management, Auria has come to offer her help to the rapidly expanding CO2Solidaire program. The fact of having lived in India for15 years and having worked in eco-tourism in Vietnam, has contributed to her interest in joining GERES.
- Thomas MANSOURI - Man in the background
Thomas is the man in the background at CO2Solidair. He is one of the main people who started the program. Reflecting upon strategic aspects and directing our main communication hub, his participation is essential. Thomas is mainly involved in the internal functioning of GERES (computing, internal communication...).
- Climate Change Unit - the specialist unit in climate-development of GERES
The main task of the Climate Change Unit is to use the fight against climate change as a lever against poverty. With about ten climate-development experts the unit runs several activities in the field:
- The Development of Carbon Projects. The mission is to remove the barriers to access to carbon finance for projects whose main aim is to lessen poverty.
- Actions to raise awareness about Climate Solidarity to encourage Northern countries to reduce their carbon footprint and to support development projects in the South.
- The mobilization of politicians with regard to climate change. The Climate Change Unit is particularly involved in the Climate-Development Commission of "Coordination SUD".
- Laboratory research and innovation to reduce the environmental footprint of vulnerable regions.
L’intérêt pour CO2Solidaire (et vous!) est double :
> Se rapprocher des projets afin de bénéficier d'une meilleure vision des enjeux réels du terrain.
> S'impliquer de façon plus large sur les discussions auxquelles participe le GERES dans le cadre de la commission Climat-Développement de Coordination SUD : négociations internationales sur le climat, financement de la lutte contre les changements climatiques, Adaptation...
> L'Unité climat en image!